- The 10th annual London Tattoo Convention. Scheduled for the 26-28 of September, the London convention features international artists (last year boasted tattooists from China, Spain, the US, the UK, and Greece), a wide variety of bands, and vendors from all walks of life.
- Urban Ink Fest, held in Belgium, is coming up fast. January 25 & 26, European body mod artists, as well as musicians, fire breathers, breakdancers, and custom auto & BMX enthusiasts, will be showing off their best work.
- South Africa’s Annual Cape Town Tattoo Expo is keeping this year’s artists hush-hush thus far, but if last year is any indication, it’s a show you won’t want to miss. Past artists include Bob Tyrell, Warren Petersen, and Benjamin Moss, and events include local bands and artists, burlesque dancers, and documentary showings.
- Thinking about running away somewhere warm next winter? The Australian Tattoo & Body Art Expo runs from December 5-7 this year, and boasts an alternative fare, dancers, pin-up models and contests, world-renowned body mod artists, and even a “kid’s corner”, where future tattooists can practice with finger paint and crayons.
- The Boston Tattoo Convention, held from Aug. 29-Sep. 1, features a huge group of incredible artists, as well as contests, door prizes, burlesque shows, and tons of live music. One of the largest conventions in North America, this show is a must-see.
- Held on Friday, June 13th this year, Northern Ink Xposure will be hosting a “Tattoo Horror Story” contest, and featuring artists from all over the world. Guests can even take seminars hosted by Bob Tyrrell and Larry Brogan, but you may want to sign up now – these tickets are sure to go fast.
It can be assumed that most of our readers are from the lower mainland, and therefore already know about the fantastic Vancouver Tattoo & Culture Show, scheduled this year for April 25-27. But what if you live elsewhere, or are prone to world travel? Here are 6 must-visit tattoo shows happening around the world this year.