THE FIRST 12-24 HOURS:
1.Remove the bandage as per your artist’s instructions.
2. Wash gently (with clean hands) using your fingertips and the lather from soap and water. Remove all ointment applied at your tattoo session. DO NOT apply the bar of soap directly to your new tattoo!
3. Let the tattoo air dry.
4. Apply a small amount of tattoo aftercare (as discussed with your artist). Always use aftercare sparingly! No more than 2-3 times a day.
THE FIRST 30 DAYS:
5. Shower as normal, being aware of the water spray on your new tattoo; try to keep the water from spraying it directly.
6. Do not soak in bathtubs or hot tubs, sit in saunas, hang out in whirlpools, or any other moist, hot situations like this for 30 days.
7. Refrain from tanning for a minimum of 30 days.
Please give your tattoo at least 4 weeks of healing time and pop in to let your artist take a look at it before deciding if touch-ups are necessary.
1. Purchase sterile saline solution in a pressurized can from us or any drugstore.
2. Spray your piercing directly with saline solution 2 to 3 times per day. Over cleaning will only dry out your piercing.
3. Chemicals (rubbing alcohol, isopropyl, etc.) will not make you heal faster. They will however destroy your delicate new cells that are trying to form to heal your new piercing.
4. Do not spin your jewelry. The less you touch a new piercing, the better. Picking at or playing with your piercing will cause irritation, we promise.
5. Redness, soreness and white/yellowish discharge from your piercing is normal and does NOT indicate irritation or infection. If you are concerned that what your piercing is doing is abnormal, contact your piercer.
6. Keep anything that will come into contact with your piercing clean! (This includes clothing, hair, pillow cases, towels, hats, etc.)
7. If you wish to change your jewelry, please wait until your piercing is fully healed to avoid irritation. How long a piercing takes to heal depends on location, but is generally about 12 weeks.
ORAL PIERCING DAILY AFTERCARE:
1. Rinse mouth with Listerine diluted 50/50 with DISTILLED water after meals for entire healing time.
2. Rinse mouth with 1/4 tsp. sea salt mixed with 1 cup DISTILLED water in between meals, no more than 3 times per day during healing phase.
3. Gently clean the jewelry with a NEW soft toothbrush to remove any plaque and mucus accumulation.
4. Ice is great to reduce swelling, as are ice cubes made from chamomile tea. Gently melt the ice in your mouth being careful not to bite or chew on it.
5. Stick with non-irritating foods, avoid hot (temperature), spicy, salty, sweet or hard to chew foods for the first 4-5 days.
GENITAL PIERCING AFTERCARE:
1. All piercings are an open channel to the blood stream. Especially in the case of genital piercing, sexual contact during the healing phase could be dangerous to you or your partner, not only because of blood born pathogens (HIV etc.) but because your partner has different bacteria than you do, and adding that to your new piercing can cause a large number of problems. Exercise safe sex protocol and don your barrier of choice. Be gentle with your new piercing – they heal much faster if you play nice.
2. Rinse the outside of the piercing and clean the jewelry 3 times a day with sterile saline solution.
3. Expect some bleeding for the first few days. If bleeding continues after that time, or there is an unexpectedly large amount of bleeding, contact your piercer.